Why Do Cat's Stop Using Litter Boxes
A cat that stops using a litter box can be caused by many different things. It is the most common complaint of all cat owners, but is also the one way a cat complains about a problem he or she is having. It is important to pay attention to your cat's needs as they are just as much a part of the family as other pets.
Here is a list of possible reasons why your cat has stopped using the litter box:
- medical ailment
- sanitation problem
- wrong litter or litter box
- inappropriate location of the litter box
- too many cats and not enough territory or litter boxes
- location of the litter box is too busy or not private enough for the cat
- stressed by a change in routine or environment, such as a new baby, new furniture, work schedule changes, vacations, overnight guests, or a move
Hopefully these hints will help resolve the situation.